elements of an amazing entry
I’ve got beautiful entries and foyers on the brain lately; it seems like that’s all that keeps popping up on Pinterest as of late and I’m absolutely obsessed with every last detail that have passed through my feed! Entries are one of my favorite rooms to style not only because it’s the first room people see when they enter your home but also because it sets the tone of what’s to come in the rest of your house. Here are a few gorgeous entries that I’m loving lately:
Here are a few picks for creating an amazing first impression in your entry. These are also the same elements I turn to for my clients’ foyers as well as my own!
1. Start with an amazing table to anchor the space. I love the lines of this Norris console table from Mecox and the whitewashed burlap covering is an unexpected touch that adds so much texture and interest!
2. A statement mirror or oversize art is a must. I’m partial to mirrors in an entryway (the bigger the better) but oversize artwork, photography or a series of prints hung in a grid pattern add just the same amount of drama and impact!
3. Add beautiful lighting. A pair of gorgeous lamps, sconces or candle sconces are a must for creating ambience, symmetry and a sculptural element.
4. Fresh greens are always a good idea! Topiary, potted orchids, ferns, a vase of fresh blooms or magnolia leaves are one of my favorite ways for bringing a fresh element and a pop of color.
5. Don’t forget decorative objects! A stack of books, coral, bowls, trays, framed photographs, candles, seashells found on your last vacation are a great way to personalize your space.
6. Add an area rug. Unify your space (especially if you have an open floor plan), add a pop of color and texture, too. Rugs can be as pretty as they are practical. I’m loving this handspun jute rug and this navy Surya Smithsonian beauty:
How do you like to style your entry?
Hello and welcome to Bungalow Blue Interiors!
I'm Kelly, interior designer, stylist, hostess with the mostest and editor of my blog, where I share pics of my work, my own home, décor projects, entertaining hacks, where to find the best decorating deals and all the beautiful things that are currently inspiring me!